Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cameron Kennedy Shares Some Pulse Tips

Cameron Kennedy (who portrays Rory) has his own "inner geek" I guess you could say, he has an interesting interview with Pulse, which he uses. For those wondering what Pulse is, according to them: "Pulse is a beautiful mobile application that takes your favorite websites and transforms them into a colorful and interactive mosaic."

Here's that interview (C= Cameron, P=Pulse):

Last fall, Pulse got a pleasant surprise from a rising Disney Channel star. Cameron Kennedy of “My Babysitter’s A Vampire” fame reached out to us to share how he uses Pulse to get a world view on what’s happening when he’s on location filming. Cameron was able to carve out a bit of time in his busy schedule to sit down with Pulse and share how it fits into his life as a budding actor.

Pulse: Tell us a little bit about yourself and your work.

Cameron: “My Babysitter’s A Vampire” is a show that airs on the Disney Channel so it’s geared towards a younger audience but it’s actually pretty clever and works for adults, too. It has plots for a wide range of people. My character, Rory, is a lot of fun because he provides the comedic relief by being a kind of a goof. We just wrapped up season two this past fall.

P: Great! Should we be expecting more projects from you?

C: At the moment, I’m taking a break to explore other projects. I’ve been accepted to university and I’m interested in media communications, business, and web development so I may pursue that. If I can develop something nearly as cool as Pulse, I’d be thrilled.

P: You can definitely develop projects like Pulse! Take a look at our engineering blog.

C: Awesome! I’ll take a look at that. I love what you guys have done with the app so far. It’s so user friendly that anyone can set it up. I was able to customize my sources so my favorite news sites were available. When I was on location filming in Hamilton, Canada, wi-fi wasn’t always reliable so I used the star feature to save the sources for later reading. And the fact that there’s a web-browser built into Pulse is great! I can just tap the the title to go to into the web view and not leave Pulse.

P: We love that you’re using the features we’ve built in! You mentioned in passing that you used Pulse with your grandfather?

A: When I was filming, I was staying with my grandparents and I introduced my grandpa to Pulse and he loved it! My grandpa is a little bit of a tech guy and he liked how easy Pulse is to use. I didn’t have to coach him at all; he was able to figure it out himself.

P: What are you reading on Pulse?

C: I have three pages set up. The first page is news and it has sources like Time and CBC. The second page is my tech fix so it has —- and finally, the third page has fun stuff like comics and other random sources.
P: And we like to ask all our users this, what do you want to see in future versions?

C: Well, I love that I can share interesting reads I find on Pulse to my Twitter followers and Facebook friends. The integration there is great! It’d be cool to see how Pulse can become more social with news.

More social with the news? Pulse has something brewing so sit tight. If you want to hear more from Cameron, follow him on Twitter or check out his webpage, which he developed himself.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How on earth have I managed to miss that for two weeks? Following both Pulse and Cameron on Twitter. Urgh, seriously...?
Although...it's not like Cameron tweets much lately. And I can't recall having seen him sharing anything off Pulse yet...hm.

Channon Zane said...

Sorry for taking so long to reply, always meant to, but always forget to.

Hmm, yes Cameron doesn't tweet as much as he used to, nor have I noticed him sharing anything off of Pulse either. Maybe we'll see something soon, I'm hopeful!

-All Things My Babysitter's a Vampire

Anonymous said...

Nobody mentioned that his MBAV character doesn't have a Pulse...